Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What's Your Sign...


...that you're getting old?

Yesterday I went out for lunch with a friend/work colleague and the entire time we were there I felt like I had a booger hanging out of my nose. I had this constant itch that I just couldn't get any relief from. I felt like just digging in there to get it out, but I knew that wouldn't be appropriate in a public restaurant. So I endured the annoyance until I could get home and properly deal with the situation. I went straight to the bathroom to visually inspect the culprit and lo and behold, it was not dried mucus at all. No, it was MUCH worse. It was a...

LONG...

GRAY...

NOSE HAIR!

This isn't the first time I've had a rogue nose hair that needed some attention. But this sucker looked like a piece of spaghetti or something sticking out for the whole world to see. And I, like a village idiot, was rubbing and scratching my nose the whole time in the restaurant. Not gaining relief, but rather drawing attention to the new appendage protruding from my nose. I thought I would need the tree loppers to cut the dang thing out.

So, I guess I've entered a new phase in life. One where I have to visually inspect my nose, ears and any other orifices that I normally would not have concerned myself with to make sure I don't slowly transform into Chewbacca with realizing it.

3 comments:

Kevin Thomasson said...

Welcome to the club bro! I know just what to get you for Christmas. One of those electric nose trimmers. You really know when they get dull, no question about it.
Next comes the ears.

Hbomb said...

The visual in my head was just too much to bear. I gotta go finish laughing.

Real Life Sarah said...

I have NO IDEA what your talking about Rodney! It must be sad to realize you're getting old.

PS Ditch the clippers and go straight for the tweezers, they work better. Not that I have personal experience in this.....