Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Something To Listen To

















If you're looking for something different to listen to on the radio, check out Garrison Keillor's A Prairie Home Companion. I've listened to it a few times over the last couple of years after being introduced to it. Our PBS station here just recently aired a TV broadcast of APHC from Tanglewood. It contains witty comedy sketches with good music to boot, kind of a throw back to the great radio days of old. It's recorded in front of a live audience, sometimes out on the road. The music is generally folksy in nature. There was a movie made about the program that came out last year. I haven't seen the movie, so I can't comment on it. But the radio program, which airs weekly, is excellent. Check out your local NPR for broadcast schedules.

1 comment:

Kevin Thomasson said...

Great to hear someone else found this show. I listen to it from time to time but wouldn't miss a show when I was in seminary.