Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everybody who reads this. We've had a nice Christmas season. We went to my parent's house in Hickory, NC for Christmas this (last) year. We had a great time visiting with family - some of whom I haven't seen in years. We also made it up to Boone for a short day. We managed to see the Rowlands and the Pinnixes (or would that be the Pinnices?). I was really hoping to stop by and see the incredible Chiz Waz down in Sanford, but our schedule just didn't allow it. I was, and still am, bummed about that.

Much has happened over 2007 for us. 3 deaths in the family, Kim became her grandfather's guardian, a new job for Kim, our first NEW vehicle. Who knows what 2008 will hold? Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it with eyes wide open. I stopped making resolutions years ago, but I've always had a private theme for the new year. Kind of like a prophetic newspaper headline that summarizes what the year will hold. I think 2008's theme seems to be change, but of the good variety. Several things pop to mind when I say that, but I'll wait to see how life transpires.


3 comments:

momo said...

hello
merry chrismas and happy new year
hope be a frinds
c u soon
bye

Melody said...

We were bummed you didn't come visit us too. But we understand. We don't know what 2008 holds but hope it will be good. I guess you already know that my mom and sister were both diagnosed with breast cancer within 2 weeks of each other, so a big part of our year will be helping them. I'm glad we're in Sanford for that reason. Blessings to your family

Kim's Hotrod said...

Melody, I'm sorry to hear about your mom and sis. I hadn't heard about that. I hope they caught the cancers early.

We actually made it as far as Winston, but I spent the majority of the day getting Kim's grandmother's computer set up for her. Then we went to the Festival of Lights in Tanglewood. That took much longer than anticipated.