Sunday, June 1, 2008

No go, flight

That's correct, we are officially a no-go on our return to NC. The church hired one of their members. I'm not upset in the least, in fact maybe a bit relieved to have the decision made.

Both of our girls will be going to public school this next year. Homeschooling has been good for them, but we feel it's best for ALL of us to have the girls out of the house. What makes it equally exciting (and scary) is that Alison will be going into middle school this year. Sixth grade was probably my worst year, so I'm a bit nervous but I think she'll do well.

7 comments:

ded said...

It would have been a blessing to have you in NC. But you and your family are a blessing just being!

Kim's Hotrod said...

Thank you, David. That means alot to me.

Unknown said...

I was excited about you being close by again. But the truth is, I just want the best for you. It is a relief to know and not be wondering along with you. Thanks for the update. Middle school can be a bit rough, particularly in the social scene as the "cliques" start to form during that time. Jordan starts high school this year. Wow how time flies...

Kim's Hotrod said...

I can't believe Jordan starts high school. That's just not right!

Thankfully Alison will be attending a middle school that doesn't tolerate bullying of any kind. The cliques still exist, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very nice......

Unknown said...

Hey rod man! Saw something on tv that mention sarasota, and listened to a song that said something about sarasota so figured I would stop by!! tell the fam I said hello
judd

ded said...

Okay...soon it will be a year since you put up a blog post.