Thursday, March 27, 2008

Up For Air

Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks - all in a good way. I was in NC March 12-16 to help my parents move into their new home. They found a nice one story home about 30 minutes away from the old house. They moved because the old house was a split level with the only bathroom upstairs. This was becoming a problem for my dad as his muscular dystrophy continues to worsen. Lots of people came to help, which made the job much easier.

The other thing I did while in NC was to interview for a position with Lake Forest Church in Huntersville. One of my good friends from college is the worship leader there. He called me about a month ago to tell me about the position (technical director) and that he thought I would be perfect for it. Kim and I aren't sure yet whether or not we want to return to NC, but I went ahead with the interview to see if God would lead on or shut the door. Still no word on who the church has chosen.

I've also been very busy with work. Baseball spring training is winding up here in Florida. This was the "harvest" season for me so I'm just now getting back to being a normal dad again.

I created my own MySpace page. It's pretty lame so far, but check it out and add me as a friend if MySpace is something you do.

6 comments:

Hbomb said...

Maybe I will pray about you guys moving back. I can't promise I want pray a selfish prayer though.

John F said...

Yes Rodney.... You and Kim have been in Florida LONG ENOUGH... Time to come home.

Kim's Hotrod said...

One of the biggest obstacles to us in moving would be trying to sell our house. There are already 3 houses in foreclosure on our street.

Trust me, you're not the only one praying those kinds of prayers.

Chip said...

Praying for you. If you get back up here, I'll be glad to lend a hand moving the couch and the dresser in. Maybe we can take a break and grab a couple of chili dogs - my treat.

Kim's Hotrod said...

If we do move back, Chip, I'll take you up on both propositions.

Of course, here lately I've been enjoying Sarasota a lot more. It's a nice time of year - with the exception of all the snowbirds clogging the streets.

Keep praying - I need all the wisdom I can get.

Real Life Sarah said...

Yay!! Just wait till the June heat, and you might not like it so much!